Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Cooking with Philips Air Fryer worked for me!!!

So glad that i was able to prepare the dish that i wanted to, using the Philips Air Fryer last Thursday. Apart from the normal nuggets, seaweed chicken etc. I never really used the Air Fryer before =X It is so super underused lolXxXx

But it is still in great condition! And i tested it, it works! =)


So my objective was to use the Philips Air Fryer to make Honey Baked Chicken with Roast Potatoes =) I used Oyster Sauce, Sesame Oil, Salt and Pepper to marinate the chicken (Boneless Chicken Thigh with Skin On by CP).



I dunno if the 'myth' of massaging your chicken will make it more tender or not, but i did it anyway LoLxx^^ 

Thereafter, leave it in the fridge overnight so that the chicken thigh can fully absorb the marinate =)

As for the roasted potatoes, i skinned the potatoes and then cut it into small chunks. I've also added some onion into it because i was hoping to extract the sweetness from the onions itself too!



Yep~ The potatoes are not going into the frying mesh with the chicken. Instead, i placed them onto the tray so that when i air fry the chicken, the juice/sauce/oil from the chicken can drip onto the potatoes and onions. One slight lesson learnt here was, perhaps i could have boiled the potatoes briefly before roasting them. This would prevent the outer layer from getting overcooked as the inner part of the potato will take quite some time to be cooked.


And we are now ready to start roasting! **please heat up the air fryer at 200 degrees for 3mins first**

So where's the Honey? Fret not =)

The chicken will be air fried for 20mins at 200 degrees. I brush both butter and honey on both sides of the chicken at the 10th, 15th, and 18th min. I was a little conservative when choosing the right amount of honey to use, because the fragrance from the honey was quite strong so I was worried that the entire chicken will be too overly sweet and honey. But i was a little wrong though, I could have added more honey without worrying about the taste at all.


But nonetheless! Even though this was the first time that i'm using the Philips Air Fryer to whip up a main course, my Honey Roasted Chicken with Roasted Potatoes turned out perfect!!!


Can't wait to try out my next air fryer recipe^^

No comments:

Post a Comment